Casa Central is an action-driven nonprofit that provides a network of services improving the lives of many in Chicago’s Hispanic community. The nonprofit is one of One Good Deed Chicago‘s selected partners this year in the VolunTEAM initiative. Mayor Rahm Emanuel will speak at the group’s annual awards dinner at Westin River North on Oct. 20.
Casa Central’s impact includes:
- 500 children ages 2-5 prepare for kindergarten in its Head Start groups.
- 175 children participate in its after-school enrichment activities in the School Age Program.
- 100 teens participate in positive development activities at Youth Opportunities Unlimited.
- 70 homeless families receive housing and support services at La Posada, on their way to permanent housing.
- 500 victims of domestic abuse receive counseling and support through the Violence Prevention Initiative.
- 800 community residents gain access to the Internet as they learn to use computers at the Community Technology Center.
- 1,500 home-bound seniors receive visits from its Home Care aides, who provide basic assistance.
Individual sponsor tickets for the awards dinner begin at $500 and support Casa Central’s programs. For more information or to find out more about this impactful nonprofit, visit casacentral.org.
If attending the awards dinner is out of your reach but you’ve got time to spend, consider volunteering to support Casa Central’s efforts. See the current volunteer opportunities posted at One Good Deed Chicago’s website by clicking here.